Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2004

[sharechat] Mining and Forestry Stocks

From: "Karyn W" <karyn_in_oz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:10:21 +0000

I would like to know if all those people who object to investing in gambling
related stocks have the same ethical objections to investing in mining and
forestry stocks?
After all, it would seem to me that environmental devastation, pollution,
loss of native wildlife, land poisoning, and depletion of the ozone layer,
are all far greater problems than those caused by gambling?
Or do the profits from a mining company "striking it rich" justify
overlooking the fact they do it by laying waste to our planet?
Karyn

You could be a genius! Find out by taking the IQ Test 2003. $5.50 (incl
GST).  Click here:  http://sites.ninemsn.com.au/minisite/testaustralia/