Re: [sharechat] USD how low can it go.

From: Marilyn Munroe <who.c@res.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:39:05 +1300

winner69 said;

"All I know that NZ is a country living beyond it means. Like Americans we
continue to spend and are becoming more and more in debt. We live in a
country where most have all the latest whizz bangi things but in a lot of
cases basic infrastructure thiings are under pressure because the country
can't afford to keep them up to scratch."

But it is all relative winner69. If NZers piss in the economic soup at a
lesser rate than others, then comparatively we are better off.

When the inevitable day comes when there is only soup to eat, our soup will be
less tainted than others.

I will concede that it would be desirable for NZers to refrain from pissing in
the economic soup, but this is what economists call an optimal situation,
rarely achieved in the real world.

Winner69 implies that there are other economies that do it better.

There is one that comes to mind with the depth and efficiency of its capital
markets. Lately it has been squandering these advantages with protectionism,
hunts for weapons of mass destruction, and a spendthrift government.

Boop-boop-de-do Marilyn

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Phillips Curve winner69 .