Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

Re: [sharechat] re Dpc again and again by macdunk

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:47:12 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

Hi Robin

Yes, everything depends on the economy. NZ economy is going to go into a brief recession at some stage probably late this /next year...The treasury has signaled this by hoisting the interest rate to stall inflationary non growth scenario. GPG is now not dependent on NZ conditions, except NZ investors concern with NZ$ rise effecting the shareprice in NZ$ terms. However I have invested money into GPG for my 11 yr old son as this share is a solid performer and a good long term investment.I reinvest the dividends and the constant 10% bonus shares plus small rises in the shareprice ( even with the risingNZ$) makes this a great investment. With recessionary trends next year one would expect the NZ$ to fall so looking at overseas investments will look attractive to the smart investor. I think GPG could be a great bet from now on . May is their traditional bonus issue time.
Cheers
oop
Sold my GPG last year..thinking seriously to reinvest.