Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

Re: [sharechat] George W & David

From: robin benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:39:29 +0000

Hi Allan

On 26 Jan 2004, at 06:05, Allan Potts wrote:

> we do not like centralization.

Unfortunately, for both the US and the rest of the world, power is
massively centralised in the US, and George W Bush, unfortunately, is
in the thick of it, driven in all respects by idealogues such as
Rumsfeld, Pearl, Wolfowitz, Cheney et al. You are, presumably, aware of
the PNAC? How many Americans understand this agenda in the context of
history and the implications for our collective (global) future?

> Each city and county has it's own laws and tax rates.  Multiply this
> by the thousands of jurisdictions we have in our country and you can
> see we do not like centralization.  This extends to the election of
> our President ergo each state has "it's own say" in the  election.

This system cannot be considered by any yardstick a democracy.

> This is probably very foreign to Kiwi's, but then we are foreigners.
> Nice foreigners,

It depends who one is. If you're an Afgan child, or Canadian soldier,
who happens to be at the wrong end of US incompetence, then it's not
very nice. If you are an exporter who has worked hard to make your
business lean and efficient in the hope of being competitive on the
world market, only to find that the US wants everybody else to remove
tariffs so US goods can penetrate foreign markets but selling in the US
market is made difficult, sometimes impossible, by US tariffs, then
that's not very nice. The list goes on and on. Until you and other
Americans have a clearer picture of what actually is going on, free
from illusions constructed by your political and ideological masters,
little will change.

Regards

Robin