Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

[sharechat] reply pwc chart by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:19:30 +1300

Hi Pheadrus
               very good work on the chart, my only comment Is pwc Is a completely different animal today, than It was two years ago.
If we only look at charts we wont take this Into account.  Apples with apples, or the comparison Is worth very little.
My other pet share at the moment hqp Is In a similar trend, with the comparison that southern capital as It was then equally as useless.   I do use charts {brainwashed by you}.   I also do the fundamentals {brainwashed by Snoopy}
When southern capital merged with hqp It was a must buy for me.  The charts showed very little encouragement but the fundamentals were a screaming buy.        Here was a company without a decent cash flow merging with a well run successfull company that had very little cash flow and assets that were worth more than the share price.       my own opinion on the TA of hirequip Is, you can only get an honest picture starting at the merger.
The fundamentals or the hard yards checking out the asset sales visiting the sites talking to the employees, real estate agents land valuers, listening to the rumours that Is the secret of success
                                                                   cheers macdunk

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] At what price in NZ$ would you consider Gold to be in a bullmarket? Baa Baa