Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

Re: [sharechat] TA Rules

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:47:59 +1300

>Good Snoopy well done only your main problem is that you do not
have
>ONE CLUE as to how TA Chartists operate. I could not care what AMP
was
>the Chart was all I looked at. It could sell bananas for all I care.
>The Chart gave sell signals. The same with Chrysler Buy signals were
>the go, and this was long before the Merger.
>
>You see my point Snoopy TA does not interest itself whether crooks
run
>a business or nor, just the Charts that is all I look at. The Time to
>Price balance and the Cycles. I don't even know half the time what
>sort of companies they are.
>
>Your argument is poor Snoopy <snip>

Woody, you made a suggestion that F/A would have lead to you buying
AMP before the share price plunged, not buying Chrysler before the
share price rocketed, and buying into Enron.   I have pointed out to you
that certainly with a value investors F/A hat on that 'value F/A'  would not
have lead you to buy AMP nor Enron.    Given the nature of F/A you will
also know that it cannot predict takeover offers out of left field.    The
idea that F/A failed to predict a merger between Daimler Benz and
Chrysler should come as no surprise to those who know how company
specific F/A works.

Of course being a 'pure T/A' guy, you don't care how F/A works.  But this
is your own chosen path.    If you seriously want to debate the merits of
T/A vs F/A, you have to make the effort to understand how F/A people
think, even if you don't agree with it.    If you willfully ignore all aspects
of F/A culture then having an F/A vs T/A debate with you is pointless.

If you make a statement on F/A you cannot expect an answer back in
the language of T/A.   The idea that T/A may *also* have saved you from
those situations has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Now let me throw a T/A question at you, which I hope you can accept
such a thing from someone who quote :

"would not even buy an icecream on your Knowledge of TA ."

as you put it.    Let's see if you can come up with something positive this
time.

If you are trading trends you are saved by your stop loss if the trend
goes against you.    But if you trade too often around small rises that in
itself can have a negative affect on your returns.

How do you get the balance right so that your stop losses are not so
aggressive that they strip the best profits from your trading?

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy
on Pegasus Mail version 4.02