Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

RE: [sharechat] Re: TA/FA

From: "Gavin Treadgold" <gav@rediguana.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:20:26 +1200

Woody, I don't disagree with most of what you say. In my consultancy I work
as a Risk and Emergency Management consultant, and studied disasters and
terrorism a lot. Thats why I took up your original message. I also have a
strong scientific background and have read about chaos theory, taken a paper
on quantum physics at university, and others.

I was one of those kids who always asked 'why?'. The reason I asked you
'why?' was because I couldn't understand how you were linking the sell
signals with events that could not have been predicted - how many people
even considered intentionally flying jet planes into buildings before Sept
11, apart from the CIA and a few others, it hadn't been a realistic option,
as nearly all hijack situations were hostage scenarios, not suicide
bombings.

I do not question in any way the fact that you received a sell signal. I
would still like to know how you can link that signal to a natural
phenomenon that has no relationship to markets, such that markets can
predict events. Or link it to individual or group actions. I believe that
these linkages can only be created after the event.

There are indicators that can signal to humans and animals that bad events
may soon happen, and you're right in suggesting that we can tune in to
these. Science has advanced humans a long way in predictive technologies. In
the case of storms, a decrease in air pressure is noticeable, and could well
cause animals and residents who understand the weather in a region that they
chould move further inland. Just as now we can model cycles of waves and
storms to estimate storm surges and suggest that coastal communities move
inland for the duration of the storm. But there are clear linkages there.
Storm is directly related to low pressure, humans can detect low pressure,
and make assumptions to move. It is of course even easier now with weather
sattelites. The important thing is that we can clearly link all the pieces
together and understand the relationships.

To reiterate Woody, I agree with much of what you say. I would just like to
understand how the sell signals are linked to the Sept 11 attacks, or how
they predicted the earthquake.

And how does this tie back to investing? Well, I won't use a tool that I
don't understand how it works. So, I have to understand the tools I have
available for investing. You are using a tool that gives you a sell signal,
and I am trying to understand how that sell signal links back to the events
you mentioned.

I just read the Gann Wheel link you provided in your email. I found this
quote in the second to last paragraph on the page.

"Thus, I affirm every class of phenomena, whether in nature or in the
market, must be subject to the universal laws of causation, harmony and
vibration."

I am looking for the causation link between the sell signal and the events.
At this stage I can't see any.

Cheers Gav

PS Don't worry about the english, you should feel good for speaking multiple
languages. I understand english is one of the more difficult languages to
learn!