Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

Re: [sharechat] Cycles

From: Robin Benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:59:59 +0100

Hi Woody

SORRY FOR THE OCCASIONAL SPELLING MISTAKE but I born into the Dutch and Indonesian languages.
I also left school at 12 years old and spent my youth in the Indonesian Merchent Navy as a cook.
English is my adopted language that I taught myself only 5 Years ago!!!!! Spelling it is hard for me as I come from two Phonetic language backgrounds.

I think this might be a response for somebody else. I would agree, though, that learning English is a dog, phonetically-speaking, but then again, you should try Danish. At the risk of sounding patronising, your active English is pretty good for five years.

As for predictions Yes I do believe that markets factor in good and bad news days weeks sometimes years before the actual event.

Sounds reasonable, depending on the event. Of course, such market players have some sense of what effect the news will have on the market and, almost by definition, have access to some information or interpretation that other players don't.

As for Chaos.
Well the Inkjet printer was designed around the fact that a scientist was told that a dripping tap was not random. In trying to disprove this theory he discovered that YES indeed a dripping tap drips at a calculated mathematical pace. Having thus discovered that he went on to Invent the Inkjet printer wich is based on the FACT not the Theory that drips are mathmatical.

I've got no problem with the idea that mathematics can be used to explain much of what does on in the universe.

More people than you could imagine percieve it Far more.

Maybe. However, I've never met one. I'm talking about having detailed knowledge about sub-atomic particles and the systems within which they exist. Even knowing what's going on with a hair on an insect's leg would take more processing power than most countries can muster. It's all pretty abstract.

So who are all of these people?

Regards

Robin