Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

[sharechat] Ciberlynx Florida Users and Viruses

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:12:12 +1200

Hi All,

Anyone who has received a message from 'me' within the last 24 hours
please get rid of it.   I have been off line for a day so they are not.

I know that some of these have been sent out with my name forged as
the source, as I have received several bounce messages.   If you look
at the header you will see that this message is not from me at all but
from a United States ISP, Ciberlynx Florida ( I/P No. 216.242.172.212).

Over the last 24 hours I have received over 100 unsolicted messages
from this source.   This is, I suspect,  as a result of a  virus.

The virus messages have the following headers:

"My details", "Thank You!", "Details", "That movie", "Wicked
Screensaver", "Approved",  "Your application"

Generally any messages with these headers should be destroyed.

***Here is the crunch point of this post.***

Since I don't know anyone in Florida, I either have a 'secret admirer'
who has stored my address on their computer somewhere (nice), or my
address is being held by a spammer.   Perhaps Philip might like to
check up on his Sharechat subscribers from Florida with this in mind?

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy
on Pegasus Mail version 4.02