Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

Re: [sharechat] VCR

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:48:30 +1200

Hi  Gooner

> This company (ASX) was 40c about 2 yrs back.  It was studied in detail
> by Gerry Stolwyk and others.  I invested twice and made twice.  I
> don't hold now (unfortunately).  It is now $2.26 and climbing.  A
> sound piece of research backed up by solid reasoning.  Congratulations
> to Gerry and any others who have climbed aboard for the ride and
> stayed aboard.
>
> This is a $20 stock if the heart trial is successful (which by all
> accounts seem it will be).

This share (VCR)  is what I call a speculative punt.  If that sounds
condescending to anyone,  I do not mean it to be so.

If you do your homework and are aware of the risks you enter into,
then you can do very well out of buying shares in a company such as
this.   Providing that is you get the timing right.

In my assessment, this is one for the T/A boys, and one that you will
have to watch like a hawk.   If you think having a great product is
enough, take a look at this list.

Digital Equipment, Packard, Massey Fergusson, The Evening Post,
Pye, Queen Anne ( OK that last one has made a comeback but it is not
quite the same).

Half a dozen names from the past from different industries that were
known for having a knock out product at the very top of their chosen
market.   All are now dead.   Having a great product is not necessarily
enough, and that list is from the guys that made it!

For the 'investors view' on VCR, see the focus investment board.

SNOOPY

discl: no shares held

--
Message sent by Snoopy