Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2003

[sharechat] carter holts problems

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:55:45 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

seems like that I am on my own on this subject.  Forestry and farming tend to run In cycles.  The world forests are declining at an alarming rate at the same time as an Increase In volume of related goods Is required.  The end result Is a shortage of supply.   NZ may not have the best product to sell but It produces timber cheaper than most countries can match.  Volume of timber per annum per acre Is double what most other timber exporting countries achieve.  carter holt with there shaky labour relationships have now the perfect excuse to clean out the trouble spots.   I suspect there Is more to there 15pc reduction than most people realize.  All farm produce Is rock bottom at this moment, why should forestry be the exception.  The lower the expectation the more I will profit when It turns round as It will In the end.
                 cheers  macdunk
disc nil