Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2003

Re: [sharechat] Dogs Tales of the Century

From: prhughes@value.net.nz
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:08:38 +1200

Hoop......mentions CER, which I remember as CERAMCO. From
memory just prior to their demise they sold some assets for quite a
few million, and thus were able to pay a good divvy, nothing wrong
with that. However, if you hadn't recast their balance sheet you
may have been unaware they had used the asset sale monies to
pay the divvy. The point being what would they use for divvy money
the following year. I wonder how many of the fundementalists do
recast the balance sheet prior to doing to doing their analysis.

My horror was Anzon. my excuse, green and dumb at that time
about shares. Greed prevailed. What i learnt was that a little
discipline was needed and kick emotion out the window.

Now, I favour TA similar to what Phaedrus advocates, at least using
simple TA like I do you won't loose your shirt. Take care folk as in
my opinion we are still in a bear market and some of the rallies
seen could well be bear market rallies.

Regards

Bill