Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

Re: [sharechat] NRT, MEI and YALE

From: "Michael McGregor" <mikemcgregor@nzoomail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:10:19 nzst

>I noticed  that only 5 or 6 of the last 37 posts were not devoted to >SARS,
so a change of
subject may be desirable:

>My reply to someone who complained that Yale was not giving any credit >to
Novogen in their
Research papers:

>"Mr X,
>I have a personal view of the symbiotic relationship of Novogen (NRT) >and
Yale through MEI, an
American Company, 95.2% owned by NRT.

>1. YALE: This university gets a number of grants, endowments and large
>>donations
and to
continue receiving and increasing these, needs to keep >on producing good news,
especially high-
profile news which the medical >team at Yale no doubt delivers with their
outstanding
research on
>Phenoxodiol.
>
>I would say, that by not mentioning NRT, the achievements may appear to >be
even more
impressive.
>They do not claim having invented Phenox however although some readers >may
think that by
implication they do.

>Yale is a powerful organisation; it has graduates in all fields of >business
and their connections
with all facets of industry must be of >superior quality. I surmise that they
are well represented in
Govt and >will be recognized by powerful interests.

>NRT must be given credit for securing these ties not only with Yale but >also
with other
universities, Research Institutes and Hospitals. All are >occupied with the
study of Phenoxodiol.

>Once these connections were established then these can be used in future
>>projects.

>So, NRT is well backed by prestigeous, influential and successful >friends.

>All do use NRT but they do give back in many ways.
>
>American connections secured now are important to us particularly if any >trial
successes are
declared. Research on Phenoxodiol is to continue >anyway, I would say.

>2. MEI: This is an American company which is recognizable by US >interests.
It is a beautiful
devise to raise capital and achieve the >object of greater penetration in the
US be it Research -
Yale and >others-or future busines. I believe that the establishment of MEI
was >the highlight in
NRT's existence.

>3. MEI tends to obscure the role of NRT - as does Yale - so NRT has to >find
ways of overcoming
that; I believe it can do so once that high >profile NV07-a hits the market
to be followed by any
successes in the >trials.

>Phenoxodiol: While recognized as a potential outstanding drug, it would >be
fair to suggest that
until Yale "got hold of it", its progress could >best be described as limited.

>4. Summary.
>I believe that this symbyotic relationship is outstanding and will serve >the
interests of all
participants very well indeed".

>Gerry
>

>I agree, let's discuss something other than SARS for a change.

Mike M

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Pan Pharmaceutical: loss of license: fallout. G Stolwyk