Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Sars etc

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:17:51 +1200

"Why do you think the Reserve Bank has lowered the Official Cash Rate?".

NZ had some of the highest interest rates in the world and as a consequence our dollar was kept high.

This affected exports and business confidence  turned to a 17 year low.

I had expected a lowering in March, Sars or no Sars.

As to my investments, SKC returned 48.3% last year, re BCA., bought some at $1.66 and a large amount between $1 and $1.06, so there is a profit there of course. I continue to hold. Current price $1.64.

Re AIA, last year's loss was 1%, the year before profit was 20.6% and 55.3% in the year before that. If one holds then there is sometimes a price to pay. However, I don't mention to people when to buy, hold or sell  and neither does anybody know how many I hold.

And if you look at Unitract on the other channel, you'll find that I am 400% in front.

So, I am quite happy with that in these difficult times.

As to " There's much talk around the traps that SKC will fall below $5.00 within a few months. This may prove to be at the high end of where it's heading".

I say again Haggis, you spoilt it by using the words "There is much talk around the traps..". and since you were found out, you become abusive. Not good, is it now? If you had omitted that part and said that in your opinion SKC could fall below $5 within a few months, your post would not have been discussed as much as it was. After all everybody is entitled to his/her opinion.

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] Sars etc Allan Potts