Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

Re: [sharechat] Sars etc

From: "Allan Potts" <ajp7079@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:36:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

Lazy Haggis, I've just got to disagree with you about three things.
First Gerry S, is a very knowledgeable guy, hardly in the raving and ranting
camp.  A review of his postings on this, as well as the other channel over the
past year would make that very evident to anyone in touch with reality.

Second, SKC has moved up very smartly since you forecast it's quick
crash/demise.

Third, I think you will find that although SARS is a very dangerous and scary
virus at the moment, the worldwide medical professionals will have it under
control sometime within the next eight months.  Yes it will do much damage
until they find a cure, but I don't think this is the next AIDS.  And if it is,
I'm not sure there's going to be much stock trading anywhere in the world since
evidently it is airborne.

Thank you Gerry for all your wisdom and good postings. Please take comfort in
the biblical wisdom, by none other than Christ Himself, "that a prophet is
never recognized in his own country" -- in this case, chatroom.

Oh!, I almost forgot (shame on me) My forecast is that the USA will not be
retaliating against New Zealand anytime soon.  The thought is so close to being
over the top, that I forgot to include it as number four.  NZ, despite this
current flap, is an ally of the US. Furthermore,the US has so many more
problems, interests and threats on the front burners of the world situation,
that to think we would spend time thinking up ways to alienate an historical
ally is ludicrous.  I'm still eating all the green lipped muscles I can find
etc.