Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

RE: [sharechat] Gooner

From: "Allan Potts" <ajp7079@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:08:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gooner,

I don't know that we were imposing freedom from outside.  What we were doing
was defending ourselves against a very dangerous enemy that was on the verge of
obtaining atomic weapons and curretly financing terrorists which would shortly
be attacking us.  The freedom the Iraqi's will eventually enjoy was a bonus
benefit of this self defense activity.  Just because we dubbed it Operation
Iraqi Freedom does not mean that this was the primary objective.

CNN -- a puppet of the American Government??????????????
CNN is the baby of Ted "the red" (Ted Turner)  Very anti-Bush,
anti-administration, very left and at sometimes anti-American.  I actually had
an uncontrollable laugh when I read your statement.  CNN is notoriously at odds
with our government, at least any Republican administration.  He called Ruppert
Murdock a Nazi.

I don't know what stations you have been watching, but I've seen thousands of
Iraqi's dancing in the streets, not just 300.  We've seen more than 300
celebrating right here in San Diego, since we have a rather large Iraqi
community.  Dearborn Michigan has even a larger one and more than 1,000 Iraqi's
danced in the streets there.

Al Jazeera is still broadcasting and has been.  It has also shown Iraqi's
dancing in the streets after the fall of Baghdad.  However, Al Jazeera coverage
was so anti-American prior to that time that Iraqi's chased their reporters out
of Basra, all the way to the Kuwaiti border, because of their distorted
coverage  prior to the fall of Baghdad.

Lastly, your news is not only inacurate, but out of date.  It was first thought
that an American tank shot a Tank shell at Al Jazerra and killed and injured
some of their people.  Upon investigation, and after inspection it was found
that not only would a tank shell not have inflicted the damage that was done,
but that the tank cannon would have had to shoot around a corner.  This is not
just BS.

Our Iraqi's here in San Diego are very happy, although we did have a very small
demonstration on the other side yesterday.  It was truly small.  Our locals,
which are legion are celebrating.  Let's give this a couple of months and
revisit the topic.

Regards,

Allan