Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

Re: [sharechat] Investing in Steel - Apr 2003 Update

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 12:03:25 +1200

Now all the gold talk has died down, it is time to turn our attention to
where the real money is to be made.  This is, of course, investing in
steel ;-).

Well, the good news is that I sold out of BHP Steel (BSL) on 27th
March at $A3.18.  Not a peak price (the share has since gone higher),
but a price I am very happy with.   I stuck in there past the ex dividend
date to get the dividend too.   I am now looking at putting this money
into another Ozzie high yielding share, but one where the dividend is
less under threat.

Naturally being a 'steel bug', I am having a look at 'Onesteel'.    Any
chance of one of our resident charting experts giving us a picture of
where they think OST is going?

Of course I don't want to fall in love with OST.  I would like to
benchmark it against other possible high yielding Australian share
purchases.  Any other suggestions from the forum?   I am particularly
interested in those Australian companies that have profitable New
Zealand arms, so I can take advantage of the coming trans tasman
dual tax agreement.   You can leave out the Ozzie banks as I am
already well represented in those.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy