Re: [sharechat] TLS Chart Update

From: "Morgy" <morgy40@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:47:22 +1300

Snoopy & Travis

I spoke to Dr Alex Elder about your (& Travis's)  request for information on
traders using TA, Alex has been a professional trader for over 20 years but
he suggests you read "market wizards by Jack Swagger who gives plenty of
examples of succesful traders (I have not read it) , I also know of Darryl
Guppy and Colin Nicholson in Australia, Darral is a straight out techncian
and Colin uses FA to sort targets and TA to get in and out and advocates
this method strongly. On his web site he talks of 2 professional traders he
knows and vouches for personally , one being american (Dan Gramza ) and the
other a  Englishman (I think his name is Tony Plimmer) both of whom ran
funds under  management using TA.
John J Murphy has been a  professional trader, analyst (Technical) &TA fund
manager for many years.

John Bollinger, must have heard of him Travis, surely

I am also a member of the IFTA (international federation of Technical
Analysts) email list and many who write on the list give there email address
at investment banks & financial fund managers across the world, surely they
are not all in La La land.

I have however read several Buffett books, lovely theory, obviously not many
people follow his theories because people still buy stocks that he wouldnt
touch with a barge pole including the mysterious fund managers that Travis
is fond of quoting. How many people actually do you know as professional
investors follow his theory to the fullest (within practicalities) ?.

While I accept the names you do give Travis, to throw up some unnamed fund
manager who loathes TA is really not credible, particularly as your industry
has been severley exposed over recent years giving people extremely dubious
advice. In fact it has been so bad they have had a heck of a job convincing
government not to regulate. They looked good in a bull market.

 In my opinion,  local financial investment managers seemed to learn nothing
from the 87 crash, they just jumped on the US market when it started to roar
and said come on the party is over here, how many said to a client, heh the
market is over valued stay on the sidelines, not a one I bet, reason,
simple, no fee money from that is there.

While I have no axe to grind with you over your anti TA stance, personal
choice is your right, given the profession (would you call it a profession
?) you are in I think most poeple will take it with a grain of salt.

Regards

Morgy

Regards

Morgy