Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2002

Re: [sharechat] Lyttelton Port Co ~ Prognostication ability

From: "Michael Phillips" <michael.p@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:16:55 +1300

> LPC should continue to thrive and prosper as a result of
> this decision. The only caveat I have is that Messrs
> Layton & Viles are no longer on the scene to drive
> shareholder value.

I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding the vacuum needing to be
filled.  It will be interesting to see whether P&O and Maersk regret
making the entry for MSC so easy.

It was obvious that concessions would need to occur to break the impasse
on the working of ships 24/7.  Strange how after all the negotiation,
the sticking point seemed to boil down to personalities rather than
issues.  We know who left on the management side, but has there been any
churn on the dock side?

Regards
Michael
===