Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2002

[sharechat] Pike river coal.

From: "murh" <murh@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:47:10 +1300

Who knows?
As a shareholder in N.Z.Oil and Gas I like many others have been patiently waiting for the development of the Pike river coalfield.
I see the situation as ludicrous.After what was supposed to be a consultative process and after being granted permission to mine,
then being granted access through a crown land block only to be stymied by lack of access through 9 hectares of conservation
land.The company's position has had plenty of press,but nowhere to my knowledge have we heard a word from the department of
 Conservation.If the road through its land is so detrimental to the area why not say so.It will save other companies wasting their
time and money on similar proposals.
Omurr.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Markets Holden Glova