Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2002

[sharechat] Profiting from Market Inefficiencies

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 21:29:08 +0000

I thought sharechatters might be interested in reading this article
on market inefficiencies and how to profit from them.

http://www.travismorien.com/inefficiencies.htm

It is written by an Australian (well no-one is perfect) financial
planner.  But it seems well researched and attempts to answer some of
those frustrating questions like:

1/ Why does a good company's share price go down after it announces
a good result?

2/ Is it possible to have a low risk but high return investment ?
(answer: Yes)

3/ Is TA of any use?   Despite the author's scepticism, if you read
between the lines it would seem the answer is 'Yes'.

4/ Is a boring (value/income) investment better than a glamour growth
investment?  (answer: Yes)

I found it interesting, as I have (unconsciously) been following a
strategy this year that has been skewing my portfolio along the
lines suggested in this article.

I think I'm going to have to make a second half of the financial year
resolution to be even more boring than I have been already!

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Stay on the upside of the downside,
Anticipate the anticipation!"

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] NZSE & ASX - getting involved Holden Glova