Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2002

Re: [sharechat] CITIC and Forests

From: ichi@ihug.co.nz
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:09:09 +0000

Malcolm Cameron wrote:

> Great business deal for Citic pity poor shareholder.  You
> should thank god for some shareholders with brains.

Thanks Malcolm.  It's nice to be appreciated.  I have 100,000
FFS shares and voted NO.  However, even if the board got their
75%, the game was not over.  If enough of us opted for minority
buy-out, we could have scuttled the deal.  Remember, FFS said
that if the net cost of minority buy-out came to more than
$7.5 million, the deal may not proceed.  BTW, it was hilarious
for FFS to say (on page 53) that if too many people went for
minority buy-out, they "would no longer able to exercise their
minority buy-out rights."  Duh.  The only people with minority
buy-out rights are those of us who voted NO.  If the deal does
not proceed and we lose our buy-out rights, we will be *happy*.