Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2002

Re: [sharechat] Quick competition- how far dow fall today?

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:33:23 +1200

I reckon Brazil by 2-1 again. Also the cane toads to win
the SoO.

The Sky Channel CNBC was predicting the DOW would
fall 250 tomorrow. Korea fell over 7%, European markets
fell between 2.5% and 3.5% so that's somewhere between
250 and 750 tomorrow.

Since WorldCom was No 2 telecom in the US expect
Telecom NZ to get some more backwash.
As usual the good NZSE shares weren't much affected
and NZ sharemarket fundamentals are much better than the US.
It will probably take a bad poll or two and/or a bad election
result to provide good buying on the NZSE.

People aren't so quick to hop on a how much will the DOW
crash tomorrow, compared to how much will Aquaria/ITC go up
in the next year ;-)

Worst news is Cullen running political interference on our
independent Central Bank.
Time for the ref (the electorate) to blow a penalty on Cullen.
Give Cullen enough time and we'll do an Argentina.