Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2002

[sharechat] CDL Chart

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 01:08:55 -0700 (PDT)

Jefley,
        I have attached an 8 year chart of CDL, giving the big picture. As you
rightly surmised, the origins of the trendline you asked about lay "beyond the
left-hand top corner".
 To draw a tentative trendline, you need two swing highs, or two swing lows.
Downtrends are drawn linking the highs, uptrends, the lows. A tentative
trendline is confirmed when a third reversal "respects" the trendline. For more
detailed comments about trends, see
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2001/06/msg00514.shtml
 On the chart I have also drawn in the secondary trends that, taken together,
comprise the primary downtrend. Each of these secondary trends can be further
broken down into a series of short-term trends, and so on. So, the "steeper
down trend using the spike at July 01" that you asked about was a secondary
trend, and appears on this chart as such.
 I think if I had posted this chart instead of the original shorter one, things
would have been much clearer.

     Regards,
                 Phaedrus.