Re: [sharechat] winner and bca

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 23:44:31 +0000

Hi winner69,

>>From your perspective Dick you probably would have liked to seen a
>chart  showing how thw one BCH share worth $8.25 in Dec 1998 has
>progressed to its value (exc dividends) of about $14.20 today.
>
>But what that mean when the current BCA price is actually $4.55?

Exactly.  It doesn't matter which way you do it.  But it's much
easier to adjust yesterdays values to reflect the price of todays
share rather than the other way around.  If you adjust yesterdays
values then you get all the adjusting of prices over with at once,
and can continue the chart out into the future  by just using the
present day closing prices.

>Just confuses the situation. If nothing else I have demonstrated
>that trying to manipulate charts to reflect share of the pie and all
>that stuff that Snoopy and Phaedrus were debating last week is
>really a pointless (and confusing) exercise.

You get an 'A' in algebra and graphing Winner, and a 'D' in logic.
What you have done is not reflecting the relative contribution of
Data Advantage and Baycorp.  You have plotted the history of
Baycorp, which is a different thing.

I would doubt that holders of Baycorp shares would think this
pointless.

And who is confused?  Are you confused?  You did the chart so I don't
think so.  Am I confused?  Since I explained your chart I guess not?
 Is Dick confused?   Hopefully not now.  So what's the point of your
statement?    You are of course entitled to use any chart you like,
but let's not justify your preference with false logic.

>>From this I think Phaedrus wins that argument - let the charts show
>what a  share is worth on the market at any particular time.

Please pay attention to this next paragraph, as it is the nub of my
argument.  The DAD-BCA chart *completely ignores the Baycorp price
history*.   So your argument that the DAD-BCA chart reflects what one
of those shares was worth is at any particular time is completely
fatuous.  substantially false, and just plain wrong.  It does no such
thing!   As any former Baycorp shareholder will tell you.   What part
of the Data Advantage share price does not necessarily reflect yhe
Baycorp shareprice do you not understand?

Furthermore you say that once the DAD-BCA share price goes below $A3-
which it has threatened to do you are in uncharted territory.  That
is *not true* if you use the Baycorp chart.  So I ask you, which is
more useful chart?

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."