Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2002

[sharechat] INL Sell

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:25:59 -0800 (PST)

Enrique,
        It appears that you have failed to understand my lengthy reply. Let me
try with a short one.

 One "wrong" signal does not negate a system. Especially when the "wrong"
signal closed out a trade that made 6.8% in 7 weeks. (That's 50% per annum to
you)

 Re INL :- "The masses have not been selling out of INL as you advised them to"
 The masses do not follow me. I follow the masses. I have never had any
illusions about this.

 "There may also be an embarrassing possibility that the share price
may rise" Of course there is a possibility that the price may rise. This would
not be embarrassing. All I have done is point out that the medium-term
trendline has been broken. Fact. Future price action will not negate this. You
seem to think I have made a prediction that the price will not rise! I have
made no predictions.

 "But I guess the charts would have told you all that before you hollered
"sell" over the weekend!" I will treat this comment as naive rather than
sarcastic. Charts are unable to predict the future. They merely show us the
direction a stock price is headed, how long it has been heading in that
direction, and its rate of change. I did not holler Sell. I merely pointed out
that the medium-term uptrend had ended. A fact supported by price action, and 3
technical indicators.

 I am at loss to understand the strident tone of your response, particularly
since my post included the words "This stock is still in a long-term uptrend,
so long-term holders may choose to ignore these signals." How you manage to
interpret this as "hollering Sell" is beyond my comprehension.

                      Phaedrus.