Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2002

Re: Re: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST : INVESTOR PROFILES

From: "terry weston" <tweston@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:41:04 -0500

<<<<<<<<<<<<That investor profile is very interesting Gerry. I wonder if you would mind answering a question for me. I don't know how to classify myself but I know I am not following conventional guidelines. I have a limited potfolio (accident damages settlement) and not a lot of experience. I have tended to go heavily into one stock as part of a broader portfolio. I was hurt by HIH and didn't read the signs with TLS and ERG though I made some money. Now I am almost wholly in biomed because I think professional integrity adds a little more to the reliability of conjecture. I am heavily into a few favourites though spread accross 15 bio stocks.I have a healthy distrust of brokers and have nothing to do with them these days.Where do I fit on the profile>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My honest opinion, depending on your age you should invest the money in your own  higher education so that with a higher income potential your return on investment of this unfortunate windfall grubstake (accident damages settlement)  will far outweigh over the coming years, the  gambling  method you appear to be using.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] BIL new MD DR