[sharechat] Re: WHS

From: "andrew cottingham" <arco@adinfinitum.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:01:41 +1300

David
WHS. The answer to your question is almost certainly yes, but the timing is uncertain. We have to take into consideration the fact that WHS has had one chance to break out of a (bullish) ascending triangle* and failed. Currently the support is $6.40 which was once resistance,(see blue arrows), and a fall back below this would be a bad sign. The pattern forming at the moment is one I have seen many times before and in my opinion WHS will challenge the $6.85 resistance again. The Bullish Engulfing pattern of the 19th/20th Feb and the Marubozu of Friday are good signs showing the support at $6.40 is strong. Once WHS is able to break through the resistance at $6.85 I expect an initial move to around $7.25  where there may then be a period of consolidation.
*The ascending triangle is a variation of the symmetrical triangle.  Ascending triangles are generally considered bullish and are most reliable when found in an uptrend.  The top part of the triangle appears flat, while the bottom part of the triangle has an upward slant.  In ascending triangles, the market becomes overbought and prices are turned back.  Buying then re-enters the market and prices soon reach their old highs, where they are once again turned back.  Buying then resurfaces, although at a higher level than before. Prices normally break through the old highs and are propelled even higher as new buying comes in.
Andrew