[sharechat] support/resistance

From: "Chris Taylor" <c.taylor@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:37:28 +1300

TA's,

    I'd like to ask how you calculate your support and resistance lines.
I understand the resistance is a common high price that has yet to be broken but is there a minimum number of highs to take into account when drawing your line? Also is there a time frame when resistance becomes obsolete?
    Subsequently with support, do you just need to find a common low to calculate? Does this also have any timeframe?

    Thanks to all for your time and comments/opinions/analysis. I am an avid reader of this forum.

C.Taylor