Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] Gold (GLD)/Anglogold

From: "andrew cottingham" <arco@adinfinitum.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:34:57 +1300

Jonathan

Further on your question about gold shares. There is an article today on SMH

re possible takeovers of gold producers (including GLD I mentioned previously). Here is a small part of the article.

The newly merged Delta-Goldfields, soon to be called Aurion Gold, is also considered a likely AngloGold target because of its equity in the Granny Smith goldmine, which neighbours AngloGold's Sunrise Dam mine in Western Australia. But Goldfields of South Africa could beat AngloGold to the punch, having secured an option to acquire Harmony Gold's 13 per cent Aurion stake. The competitive tension has had a positive effect on Goldfield's share price, which firmed 14c to $2.79 yesterday.

Andrew

Disc hold GLD/LHG.