Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

[sharechat] 'Cheap shares'

From: "Peter" <pmaiden@today.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:41:09 +1300

I make no judgement as to whether TEL is cheap or not.

All I know is that Australians have a different view on TEL progress
in that country compared to how we perceive progress. The feedback i
get confirms what Ben alluded to earlier in that AAPT isn't going
exactly to plan. In addition the TEL relationship with Hutchison
seems fraught with problems.

However back to 'cheap' shares (and totally unrelated to TEL) this
 from Jeff Opdyke in the Wall Street Journal 'While a stock-market
decline is painful for everybody, younger people saving for
retirement actually benefit because they can buy shares cheaper."

As Ben said earlier TEL shares are possibly cheap at $5.00 because
they are cheaper than when they were at $6.50 or $9.00.

Maybe a urgent call should come out from Dr Cullen for all younger
New Zealanders to go out and buy these cheap shares so you have more
to retire on.

Cheers

Peter

  --- Send the right message ---

        + Today freemail +

Get your free, private email address at
       http://www.today.com.au

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] Re TEL nick