Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] S.G.I. - A Damning Inditement ?

From: "Paul Frost" <frostpt@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:10:14 +1200

After much bravado initially, it's not surprising that the SGI gets scant mention these days.

I suspect the problem is that your average "mug punter" places to much emphasis on short term trends and get rich quick fixes.
They have difficulty in comprehending the "big picture". Although many investors would argue that a period of 12 months ( I assume that this SGI will terminate at the end of the year.) is in fact short term.

I imagine that such an index as the SGI would do well in a roaring bull market, but otherwise would struggle to compete against the professionals.

regards

Paul F.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] RMG- Did you get shares as a discount? Cigar 2001