Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] S.G.I. - A Damning Indictement ?

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:18:40 +1200

Paul,

Yes, my picks were not that good!

Readers will know that I am running an " At the coal face series" and I was not keen to have the same picks in the SGI series as well!

As there was no money involved, I was not too worried but decided to partake and so support the originator.

I turned to my broker friend and he recommended GDC; it was included but turned out to be a flop.

VTL was quite promising but it declined as well.

The problem is that there are not enough NZ shares to chose from.

 If this competition were to be repeated, then, most likely, many would pick AIA and SKC.

 What else is there? If it were based on NZ stocks only, then one would be forced to punt because of scarcity of stocks.

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Pres. Bush, past Pres. Clinton and will there be a big war? G Stolwyk