Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

Re: [sharechat] Portfolio Valuation <Assistance required>

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:44:15 +1200

Marilyn and others,

I use a spreadsheet in conjunction with a floppy disc and Off-line entry of data. This increases security!

It is relatively simple to construct and any currency can be used. All data and results are on one sheet.

1. It has: Code and quantity of shares in each stock ( I have grouped these by currencies ), date of financial year's end, price and capitalisation of each stock in the relevant currency followed by its NZ$ equivalent. These capitalisations (NZ$) are then sub totalled in NZ$.

Furthermore: Announcement dates ( inter, final ), date of Annual Meeting, Dates of Dividend payments ( Int. and final ), Dates of Interim and Final Reports received.

Also, a "Y" when companies email me the latest news. All this on the same line as the name and particulars of each company.

2. At the End of this table: Date, the total value of Stocks ( $ NZ ), cash held at Bank- and in cash management accounts, an item, called "Specials" in NZ$, and the GRAND TOTAL (NZ$) of all Sub Totals. There is space for other entries as well.

The whole system is easily edited and any manipulation automatically changes all results in currencies and in NZ $.

3. Summary: If there is interest, then I may post a prescription as to how to construct it, as well as  Sample Copies of the Formatting and corresponding Results.

It will then form part of the " Learning to invest " series.

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Cen Barry & Kim Vanderhaven