Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST>>>Disciplined Investment Deci

From: "Jonathan Kieft" <kiefty.kids@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:42:59 +1200

Peter

Thanks for the great article. Like many I too need stronger guidelines as to when to sell.

Leading on from your article, can you (or other share chatters)suggest strategies to deal with those 'longterm' shares where we didn't sell in time and the share price has plummeted.

Do you start a stop loss from where the share price has settled?

Do you ditch the share and start again?

Do you evaluate the company's fundamentals again and make an assessment of future value from that?

A guess all the above might have some merit, but comments from those who have 'been there, done that' would be much appreciated.

Jonathan