Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST>>>Disciplined Investment Deci

From: "Peter" <pmaiden@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:19:47 +1200

Sharechatters - thanks for the positive feedback

Snoopy - I agree that we all saw ourselves in the mirror. I am not faultless myself and there have been occasions I have held too long waiting for things to improve. Discipline is a must.

Mathew - glad you enjoyed

Brian - thanks. I'll follow that link up, looks interesting.

mrgoodal - As somebody who usually invests for the longer term I have found that these stop-loss levels really need to be managed manually. As I am often away from the action for days at a time I tend to take a weekly view of the stocks I hold (and use weekly charts). Most investment decisions are made at the 'weekly board meeting' I have with myself each Saturday morning. I have used the stop-loss arrangement that DFMainland have when I have gone on holiday.

Gerry - thanks for the opportunity. I hope that many readers benefited from the two posts I provided for your series. Today's responses seems to suggest that they have provoked some thought - that was the aim.

Cheers

Peter

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] the next microsoft mrgoodall