Re: Re: [sharechat] What a deal

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:48:03 +0000

Hi Dave,

>1. I've been using this site now for over a year and a half and in
>that time have made several comments. However, recently without a
>computer, it has been somewhat difficult to make posts. Recently I
>was involved in discussion about RMG around the time the annual
>report occured. Perhaps you missed them or perhaps you can't find
>them because the history only includes the last 6 or so days of each
>month. I admit that I'm not as vocal as some on this site, but you
>are incorrect in stating that I do not contribute.

OK.  Yes you are right I did miss your posts.  Although when I looked
again in my archive there they were- sorry.

>2. I did not mention prices or specifics about service because this
>would definately be "spamming" as you put it. I'm merely passing on
>an experience I've had. I'm sure if Gerry, Peter or RIL (well maybe
>not RIL) had mentioned it, they would not have been the subject of a
>personal attack. If the fact that I don't spend as much time
>focusing on this site as others makes me a target of this sort of
>abuse then I'm sorry that I expressed my viewpoint.

You mentioned a business name and a website to go to which is often
the mark of a spammer. Having a throwaway hotmail account, is
often the mark of a spammer.

>3. If it was my intention to "spam" then I would agree that my post
>would have no place on sharechat. It was not so, although in
>hindsight perhaps my excitement blurred my good judgement somewhat.
>I agree with you on the point that we don't want a mass of "what a
>great..." posts, I'm sorry if it came across this way.

OK I'll put the event  down to 'youthful exuberance' on your behalf,
and move on.

>However I
>feel that what is more damaging to this site is the negativity of
>some chatters. I've always thought you to be a fairly intelligent
>person SNOOPY, and often agreed with your points of view even if
>they were somewhat cynical. But what you have written this time...
>well your comment is exactly the kind of thing that Ben and others
>have been trying to stop. If you want to personally abuse me email
>me, if you want the message removed email Ben.

Hmmm, well I do regard spamming as a heinous crime, and something
that is best stamped out by a short sharp stomp.   The reason I
posted to the forum about it was so that it would act as a deterrant
and reminder to others.   There was no personal vendetta implied.  I
can assure you that anyone else who did the same thing would have got
the same treatment from me.

Anyway, it looks like I misread you and for that I am sorry.

So Dave, hopefully we will hear from you again, but not in *that*
way.

Cheers,

Snoopy

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."