Re: [sharechat] Frucor

From: "SWLEE" <SWLEE@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:15:37 +1200

Philip,
Since my name was mentioned, I thought i'd better respond to the statement I quoted " Picking the tops and bottoms ". What the statement refers to is that one would never sell when the price is at the top, nor one would buy when the share is at the bottom, because no one knows where the tops/bottoms will be.

Reasons being, when the share price is rising, and because we can never predict when the top will come, one should ride with it until the price drops below the trend line before selling. Likewise, when the share price is dropping and as we can never know when the price will bottom out, one should not buy until the price starts to turn around and hit the trend line. That is what Phaedrus has been advocating in his posts.

One might hit the bull's eye when trying to guess the top/bottom of the price cycle, but the technical approach that Phaedrus been showing will certainly help to eliminate the guess work, hence offers a degree of certainty in timing your selling or buying.

Cheers
Stephen