[sharechat] Experience and judgement

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:28:49 +1200

Tony,

I can send you a long list of losses to read; very depressing reading it is!

Snoopy and others have done some excellent work on the FIG Message Board; ShareChat has its educational features and you may get some market sense from reading my series " Learning to invest.......".

That series started in Nov. 2000 and the psychology of the market and participants is fully discussed.

I would never class myself as an experienced investor; to say that, somehow means that we know everything and hence we stop learning.

I am 73, was a relative late starter and still find the markets fascinating, but I do think that the most important word is " judgement ".

It is important also to " keep a distance "; meaning, don't become too infatuated with a company; it has cost me and many others!

Gerry