Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

[sharechat] Free USA charting

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:31:44 -0700 (PDT)

Jesse,
      I'm trying hard not to appear patronising, but are you aware of the
following facts :-
1.  The USA is nearly a day behind us.
2.  If you want to watch changes on intraday charts, the market must be open.
(2am - 8am here)
3.  You must press the "Refresh" button to update the chart.
I am not sure what time delay there is (if any) and I am also not sure how
often they update the numbers. (it appears to be about every 5 minutes)
 If this is not timely enough for you, why don't you open an account with one
of the many excellent on-line brokers there? This is possible without putting
your hand in your pocket, and you then gain full access to their charting and
research facilities. Some do make a charge for dynamic data, but rest assured,
it is available free. You don't even have to push a refresh button.
  I am puzzled by your need for dynamic data if you do not have an account with
a broker in the USA.  Why would you care about a 20 minute delay if you are not
trading?
                               Phaedrus.