Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] Depth of reporting to NZSE - Commsoft

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:41:32 +1300

Peter,

The stock exchange is the property of its members.
They will sell it in return for shares in the ASX. They will do so, because in a few years time there won't be any larger N Z owned-or partly-owned  companies left and by then any deal won't be worth much to these brokers. It is just a fait accompli, I think.

One can only grin when these members talk about a 'merger', it sounds better than a sell out: The ASX is so much larger; the NZ members will either get cash or shares or both presumably.

It just joins the INCIS project and a lot of other infamous have-beens in my opinion.

If Australia or any other country have systems which work, why can't we adopt-or adjust to-their competencies? Why do we always finish up with something not worth having?

       What a waste of resources!

  Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] NCH Brett & Leeanne Phillips