Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

Re: Re: Re: RE: [sharechat] FFS saga.

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:06:27 +1300

That's an interesting angle, Graeme. The debt problem has been the
over-riding factor all along and no doubt the main reason why a suitable
purchaser did not materialize.
With the cash from the rights issue the  debt problem will diminish and the
chances of an acceptable offer should be much stronger. As you say there is
a lot of value in those trees.

This was always a spec. stock and so it continues. It's a bit like being in
a dinghy with holes in it with the small investor not having the bungs to
plug the holes, someone else has those.

If we haven't learnt the lesson this year with the dangers of spec. stocks
we never will.

Thanks for all the other posts on this subject which provide an interesting
variety of  views. A week remains before a final decision with the rights
has to be made. Personally I'm undecided, will just see how the prices move
which currently seems to be downwards.

Regards to all contributors
Brian Gale