Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

Re: Re: Re: RE: [sharechat] FFS saga.

From: "Graeme Martin" <Martin.Graeme.S38@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:38:04 +1300

Let's not forget that although FFS is debt ridden and there are problems with the Chinese joint venture party there is still a lot of trees that must have some value.  If I wanted to make a take-over bid for Fletcher Forests then this couldn't be a better time, just wait until the rights issue is settled and approach Rubicon and the underwriters - I'm sure they want to make a small profit and then pass the parcel.  Small investor will squeal all the way as they feel pressured and exasperated to accept the apparent "fair offer".

I get the feeling many small investors can't see the wood for the trees.

Graeme Martin