Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2000

[sharechat] Re: Hugh looking for non organic food.

From: James Maxwell <jcmaxwellnz@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:25:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hugh, I agree with much of what you said regards
tech-stocks.

With regard to your plea:

("My demand is not for a shop where I can only buy
'organic' food only modified by radiation from the sun
and by natural evolution but for a shop where I can
only buy GM and Bio-tech products. I'd do all my
shopping there to encourage innovation! Can anyone
refer me to one?")

I would refer you to any non-organic butcher's shop in
the UK in the 1980's/90's.  There you could buy beef
produced by the latest innovation - feeding cattle
with food made from other cattle. Unfortunately, you
might have also have picked up a dose of another
innovation - BSE!!!!

I'm not sure that acting as guinea-pigs for the latest
biological innovations is what most people want from
their food!