Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: [sharechat] the week that was

From: "David Reid" <aspex@ix.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 11:34:30 +1200

Ref KSS Chairman said:
"The licence for the TelPrice product sold earlier this year to Vodacom, the market leader in mobile telephony in South Africa, has been implemented and Vodacom's staff have completed their product training. This exemplifies the speed at which KSS can roll out products, resulting in an immediate customer benefit. A global Framework Agreement has been signed with a Multi-National Supplier and Marketer of fuels, creating significant sales potential. The customer's global subsidiaries will be able to purchase KSS's products for their relevant markets, and initial orders have been received from three countries. There are no revenues from these orders in the first half results. To enhance sales and operational focus KSS has moved to a divisionalised management structure. As a first step, 5 divisions have been created, each focussing on a specific vertical market. These divisions are Petrol/Convenience; Retailing/Hospitality & Leisure; Mass Retailing; Telecommunications; Financial Services; E-Commerce... The market opportunity for KSS is huge. The Group now benefits from a ready pool of capital and a strong management team. We are facing an expanding market for intelligent decision support products and services that provides opportunities in multiple vertical markets with significant scope for leveraging benefits from value adding partnerships. Our technology is unique and there are still no effective competitors. Although competition will inevitably come, our commitment to spending on research and development will help protect our competitive advantage through the enhancement of our products' depth, scope and effectiveness. KSS is well set to meet its growth ambitions. Until overall revenues are at a higher level, lumpiness in software sales may impact the timing of revenue recognition. Such lumpiness should have little or no impact on the overall strength and growth of the business, especially in view of the significant cash reserves that KSS possesses... We have a strong management team, significant cash reserves and are well placed to exploit the significant global market opportunities for KSS's intelligent pricing decision support products. We face the next half year with confidence."
David Reid

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] GPG - Dawson International David Reid