Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

[sharechat] multiple E-mail/ $NZ value

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 01:17:51 +1200

Ooopps sorry (re:- response to Roy)
I , by mistake tried to send e-mail addressed to Xtra provider thru ihug ,  ....result ..threw a major wobbly ..strange... normally this mistake just fails to work...

Could someone help me with a problem I am grappling with at the moment , with the falling $NZ , exporting listed  companies on the NZSE must sure be at the forefront of investors minds for medium term investments , however it seems by the press that the $NZ value is at the moment controlled by various factors ,
1... Demand for $US
2... Australian economy ( Largest buyer of our exports)
3... NZ  debt  ( USA  has a big one too, but no-one is noticing that at the moment, however watch this space as the high US$ is making US companies less price competitive internationally which will make the debt grow)
4...NZ hostile investment climate creating ongoing undervaluing of assets
5...Asian influences ( oil prices causing a downgrade of projected Asian ecomonic growth)
6...THE EURO ???? could someone tell me why this currency 1/2 world away seems to be the most dominate factor driving our dollar..is it going to be a long-term dominator?
As I am a medium term investor, (because I invest in stocks which probably wont rise for another 3- 6 months ) Homework and a full understanding of all the various factors (currency being a factor , espec  export producing companies) relating to each individual companies is needed.
The Euro ???
Help please
THXS  Hoop

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Wilson Neil Richard Hooper