Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

[sharechat] Me and Borrowed Money

From: "Philip Robinson" <robph639@student.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:51:01 +1200

To put things in perspective. I have a $42,646 loan and $4,500 in the share
market, . My salary when I graduate will be more than those combined so I
can't see Tony's point about not being able to pay off the money. I have two
years to go @$10,000/year fees + $17,000 training grant.

I really liked Daniel Rollo's post because he said everything that I want to
say, I am just playing with a little bit so I can learn the lessons without
having to lose big time.

I am not trying to say that I am doing the right thing or that I think that
others should do the same but like all who read this forum I am really keen
on shares and I really want to be in the game because standing on the
sidelines is real boring.

I plan to buy more shares but I have done the maths and I can pay my loan
back in about 5-6 years and still have a play and learn in the sharemarket
at the same time. But even with say $6,000 of shares that will only be about
10% of my starting salary.

I am doing this because I want you guys to see me perspective and not think
bloody stupid little dick, can't sort himself out. I am a keen share
follower who doesn't want to sit and watch while everyone one else has all
the fun and with interest free loans, I am not loosing a whole lot doing
this.

Cheers
Phil

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] NUF Result nick