Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2000

[sharechat] WRI result

From: "Peter Maiden" <pmaiden@today.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:45:43 +1200

Sorry Roy but I tend to agree with Brian and Warner about WRI result.

Best year for ages and maybe comimg right but as Brian says they sell a heck of
a lot to make $7M profit. Also in view of the great times the rural sector is
supposedly having sales not much of an increase over last year - and still less
than two years ago!

WRI is another of the companies in NZ destroying shareholder value - the $7M
return on shareholder equity of $105M is less than invested elsewhere.

With an asset backing per share of 78c and carrying no debt you can see why GPG
is interested.

For that reason alone there is most likely more value to be obtained out of
them - not from any great returns from trading etc. Pity though seeing they are
one NZ company selling a lot of goods on line and doing it well.

Roy - Keep to your convictions. You most likely do alright if you are patient
and collect the dividends along the way. Maybe GPG will extract something out
of the company for you.

For me I've sold out sfter my short foray into them recently - I'll collect
when GPG collects.

Regards

Peter

--- Move to a better address ---
       + today freemail +
    http://www.today.com.au

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] FFS - CITIC case to be resolved Calvin Blake