Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] NGH

From: "Adam Rands" <adam@iguana.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:19:38 +1000

Jt

"Pre open" occurs when an exchange temporarily halts trading when a "price
sensitive" announcement is about to be released..

They put the stock into preopen, release the announcement, give the market
15 minutes to digest the news and then open the stock back up for trading.

I'm not sure how the decided what a price sensitive announcement is....

As for NGH. I reckon you would have to be a maniac to buy that stock ;-\

Adam