Re: [sharechat] No logic in buying AQLOA

From: "ritchie marr" <ritchie_marr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 10:08:15 PDT

Buyers of options can have several reasons to purchase. One of which is pure
(speculative) capital gain in the option itself. If someone buys in at 1.7c
and the price goes to 3.4c they have doubled their money. The capacity for
the options price to move between now and the end of September would seem an
attractive risk to a player, especially based on the proven volatility of
this stock. Any form of positive news will send this stock forward and as
shown above, it doesn't have to be very much in the way of value by cents,
to be a high percentage return on investment. Glory aside there is no doubt
millions of dollars a day are lost around the globe on risky options
trading, however I would be surprised if parts of fortunes made were not
also from the same category.

As for the announcements regarding Bliss and Aql, I cannot accept that these
tasks have not been done. To me it is a stalling tactic. There is no way the
deal would have gone this far if the management of all companies concerned
were not up with the play in terms of "time-to-action" based requirements.
The only people who worry about the share price are those that need to sell.
The Bill Gates, and Eric Watsons, and Graeme Harts of this world sure as
heck don't break out into a sweat, not even when their stocks plummet( re
Graeme's play into Burns Phillip that went disastrously wrong, and the more
recent Microsoft debacles). These guys know what's going on, you have to
remember, we are the small players that feed off the crumbs the big fish
leave us. The big fish aren't going to eat poisonous food.

So to cut a short story long,

I will sit on the side lines tomorrow and happily add to my over committed,
over weighted, over the top portfolio of Aql and Aqloa, and pick up some
more unbelievable bargains. I will be happy to offer .5c for your AQLOA and
4.5c for your aql if you so feel the need to sell.
Seems silly doesn't it, but that's exactly how it has been, and how it will
be until the truth of the matter surfaces.

One last word.........it is rare for those trading in options to ever
exercise them as even if they are "in the money", the greatest return on
capital invested is to sell prior to the exercise date, (as a percentage).